Launcher doesn't want to start the game

Raza

Question

A bit of help would be great !

2018-12-05 15:52:53.629 [Error] Message: Additional text encountered after finished reading JSON content: ". Path '', line 687, position 4.
2018-12-05 15:52:53.630 [Error] Stack Trace:    à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   à Intersect.Client.Localization.Strings.Load() dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\Localization\Strings.cs:ligne 798
   à Intersect.Client.IntersectGame..ctor() dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\IntersectGame.cs:ligne 35
2018-12-05 15:52:53.630 [Error] Time: 12/5/2018 3:52:53 PM

When i'm launching the original copy of my game without the launcher, everything is working pretty fine but when i try to launch the game using the Jc's launcher (thanks for that btw, damn that's useful) like a normal player, the launcher say that all the updates are done and crash right after with this error in the logs. 

I've already try to copy and paste the original copy of my game in google drive after deleting the content of the ''old'' version, but it didn't change anything sadly... I don't even know if the error is coming from me.. Is the launcher broken ?

Thanks if you have an answer, and even if you don't thanks for your time ! :1_grinning:

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Delete client_strings.json from google drive and your launcher then try it. 

That error suggests that that the translation file is corrupt/has broken formatting. 

thanks. I did that and the launcher just recreated a client_strings with the english translation, but the game still doesn't want to lauch, i have now a new error

2018-12-05 20:17:25.650 [Error] Message: Error loading json ui for CharacterCreationWindow
2018-12-05 20:17:25.650 [Error] Stack Trace:    à Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Control.Base.LoadJsonUi(UI stage, String resolution, Boolean saveOutput) dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client.Framework\Gwen\Control\Base.cs:ligne 167
   à Intersect.Client.UI.Menu.CreateCharacterWindow..ctor(Canvas parent, MainMenu mainMenu, ImagePanel parentPanel) dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\UI\Menu\CreateCharacterWindow.cs:ligne 138
   à Intersect.Client.UI.Menu.MainMenu..ctor(Canvas menuCanvas) dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\UI\Menu\MainMenu.cs:ligne 111
   à Intersect.Client.UI.Menu.MenuGuiBase.InitMenuGui() dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\UI\Menu\MenuGuiBase.cs:ligne 20
   à Intersect.Client.UI.Menu.MenuGuiBase..ctor(Canvas myCanvas) dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\UI\Menu\MenuGuiBase.cs:ligne 15
   à Intersect.Client.UI.Gui.InitGwen() dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\UI\Gui.cs:ligne 93
   à Intersect.Client.GameGraphics.Render() dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Classes\Core\GameGraphics.cs:ligne 353
   à Intersect.Client.IntersectGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\IntersectGame.cs:ligne 129
   à Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
   à Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   à Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop()
   à Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
2018-12-05 20:17:25.650 [Error] Stack Trace:    à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
   à Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   à Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   à Intersect.Client.Framework.Gwen.Control.Base.LoadJsonUi(UI stage, String resolution, Boolean saveOutput) dans C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\AGD\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client.Framework\Gwen\Control\Base.cs:ligne 157
2018-12-05 20:17:25.650 [Error] Time: 12/5/2018 8:17:25 PM

I'ts strange because i haven't change these files recently :31_neutral_face:

13 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

All the UI files got updated in B5. Are you sure you migrated correctly? If so, did all those new UI files make it to google drive?

Yes i did, everything was working fine since this afternoon, my friends where playing the game with no errors, so i don't really get it, could it be an unknown bug ? Do i need to download again all the B5 or is there a way to get everything working back ? :/

the weirdest is that the original game is perfectly working 

21 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Actually.. make sure you are using my latest launcher. I think that'll fix it.

Alright, working perfectly fine, thanks for your help, you can close this discution !