Paperdoll priority sprite?

Zerinho

Question

Hello guys! 

So, i was thinking in make some Wings paperdoll in my game, right, i put the Wing on Helmet Slot, but i have an issue when character moving up, down the image can explain more...

image:  https://prnt.sc/l0cec1

okay, how u can see, when character in down everything is alright, same at when he's right or left side, but when it goes up, the Armor comes up to the Wing, i dont like that, i put on helmet 'cause i think helmet stays over armor, i want the wing to stays over the armor not armor over the wing (when character is up)

i know that i need to edit server/resources/config.xml file, but what line do i change? and what i need to change? im confused 'cause i was thinking the helmet always came on top, but it seens is not like that...

Please someone help!! thanks in advance...
(if u know how to do that please post a printscreen of what my config.xml needs to look like)

Sorry for bad english, im from Brazil...

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, daviih123 said:

I see @defaultx, here is the paperdoll: 

https://prnt.sc/l0czr1

on that sprite set:

https://prnt.sc/l0czsb

is that right?

Looks like its puting the wings under the armor so try changing the slot position of the wings.

it loads in chronological order so slot0, then 1 then 2 etc and each one gets layered on top of the other.

So if it loads slot 0 as the wings then slot 1 as the armor, its going to put the armor over the wings.

So the paperdolls are loaded in order of their slots in the server/resoureces/config.xml

Here is an example of my paperdoll section:

Spoiler

<Paperdoll>
    <Up>
      <!--Paperdoll is rendered in the following order when facing up. If you want to change when each piece of equipment gets rendered simply swap the equipment names.-->
        <Slot0>Armor</Slot0>
        <Slot1>Wig</Slot1>
        <Slot2>Helmet</Slot2>
        <Slot3>Weapon</Slot3>
        <Slot4>Shield</Slot4>
        <Slot5>Boots</Slot5>
        <Slot6>Gloves</Slot6>
        <Slot7>Necklace</Slot7>
        <Slot8>Face</Slot8>
        <Slot9>Back</Slot9>
        <Slot10>Ring</Slot10>
    </Up>
    <Down>
      <!--Paperdoll is rendered in the following order when facing down. If you want to change when each piece of equipment gets rendered simply swap the equipment names.-->
        <Slot0>Armor</Slot0>
        <Slot1>Wig</Slot1>
        <Slot2>Helmet</Slot2>
        <Slot3>Weapon</Slot3>
        <Slot4>Shield</Slot4>
        <Slot5>Boots</Slot5>
        <Slot6>Gloves</Slot6>
        <Slot7>Necklace</Slot7>
        <Slot8>Face</Slot8>
        <Slot9>Back</Slot9>
        <Slot10>Ring</Slot10>
    </Down>
    <Left>
      <!--Paperdoll is rendered in the following order when facing left. If you want to change when each piece of equipment gets rendered simply swap the equipment names.-->
        <Slot0>Armor</Slot0>
        <Slot1>Wig</Slot1>
        <Slot2>Helmet</Slot2>
        <Slot3>Weapon</Slot3>
        <Slot4>Shield</Slot4>
        <Slot5>Boots</Slot5>
        <Slot6>Gloves</Slot6>
        <Slot7>Necklace</Slot7>
        <Slot8>Face</Slot8>
        <Slot9>Back</Slot9>
        <Slot10>Ring</Slot10>
    </Left>
    <Right>
      <!--Paperdoll is rendered in the following order when facing right. If you want to change when each piece of equipment gets rendered simply swap the equipment names.-->
        <Slot0>Armor</Slot0>
        <Slot1>Wig</Slot1>
        <Slot2>Helmet</Slot2>
        <Slot3>Weapon</Slot3>
        <Slot4>Shield</Slot4>
        <Slot5>Boots</Slot5>
        <Slot6>Gloves</Slot6>
        <Slot7>Necklace</Slot7>
        <Slot8>Face</Slot8>
        <Slot9>Back</Slot9>
        <Slot10>Ring</Slot10>
    </Right>
  </Paperdoll>

Basically the problem is that your armor is loading in over your wings when your character is facing up.

(that or your sprite is cut wrong? looks like the wings might be duplicated from the down facing so it might not have pixels there? I cant tell without seeing the sprite tho)

it works <3 thanks !!

since you are here, explain me one thing please? i see that in your project you put a slot for ring and other stuff, how you put that? in your game appears new windows in ''character equipament'' when you change that .xml? 'cause on mine its only helmet, armor, weapon, shield and boots...

This is the <equipment> section of my config.xml 

Spoiler

<Equipment>
    <WeaponSlot>2</WeaponSlot>
    <ShieldSlot>3</ShieldSlot>
    <Slot0>Helmet</Slot0>
    <Slot1>Armor</Slot1>
    <Slot2>Weapon</Slot2>
    <Slot3>Shield</Slot3>
    <Slot4>Boots</Slot4>
    <Slot5>Gloves</Slot5>
    <Slot6>Ring</Slot6>
    <Slot7>Necklace</Slot7>
    <Slot8>Face</Slot8>
    <Slot9>Back</Slot9>
    <Slot10>Wig</Slot10>
  </Equipment>

Please note that this will in turn add boxes into your character window and adda scroll bar, i modified my character window through the client/resources/gui/InGame.xml changing the image, the image size, and bounds and other such things to make it appear how i wanted.

8a78c196971464162c37c4c3a714f14a.png