Jump to content
  • 0

Could not connect to server


AccurateNoodle

Question

What does this means? Taken from Logs:

 

2018-09-02 18:15:06.852 [Info] Connecting to edelar-online.ddns.net:5400...
2018-09-02 18:15:23.039 [Debug] StatusChanged: [NetIncomingMessage #0 63 bytes] [Disconnected]
2018-09-02 18:15:23.067 [Debug] Unknown client disconnected (00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00).

 

Obviously doesnt show that its connected but im not sure if it means something, wouldnt be in Logs for nothing.

Other players cannot connect, it says could not connect to server. Tho i can 100% assure that it used to work and that portforwarding is fine upnp is on and working firewall is disabled and has exceptions for intersect.

Thanks :)

 

Oh and of course the ip in the .config is right. Wouldnt use localhost on other machines .. I use a ddns address from no-ip which is enabled and working, even tried the ip alone but same result. canyouseeme.org shows my port is open and working.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 9/2/2018 at 2:26 PM, JayNumba1 said:

What does this means? Taken from Logs:

 

2018-09-02 18:15:06.852 [Info] Connecting to edelar-online.ddns.net:5400...
2018-09-02 18:15:23.039 [Debug] StatusChanged: [NetIncomingMessage #0 63 bytes] [Disconnected]
2018-09-02 18:15:23.067 [Debug] Unknown client disconnected (00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00).

 

Obviously doesnt show that its connected but im not sure if it means something, wouldnt be in Logs for nothing.

Other players cannot connect, it says could not connect to server. Tho i can 100% assure that it used to work and that portforwarding is fine upnp is on and working firewall is disabled and has exceptions for intersect.

Thanks :)

 

Oh and of course the ip in the .config is right. Wouldnt use localhost on other machines dw dw .. I use a ddns address from no-ip which is enabled and working, even tried the ip alone but same result. canyouseeme.org shows my port is open and working.

 

 

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/a57b92e87da9379e8a116d46d150136f.jpeg

 

I really dont understand, it's still happening, the server cpromt says my game is accessible to the public, canyouseeme.org says my port is open, my no-ip redirects to my public ip which is the one showing is the server cpromt, firewall is off... what's happening 💀💀😔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Could be something else entirely blocking udp ports. For example, some OVH game servers have a udp firewall to help prevent packet flooding. I and a few others could connect fine, but one or two other members never could - it was weird that it didn’t block everyone, but disabling that shield fixed our problems. 

 

In other cases, some schools block outbound traffic on udp to prevent students from gaming. It could be something like that too. Your logs don’t really mean anything though, all they show is the client or editor tried to connect and then failed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 9/7/2018 at 2:59 AM, jcsnider said:

Could be something else entirely blocking udp ports. For example, some OVH game servers have a udp firewall to help prevent packet flooding. I and a few others could connect fine, but one or two other members never could - it was weird that it didn’t block everyone, but disabling that shield fixed our problems. 

 

In other cases, some schools block outbound traffic on udp to prevent students from gaming. It could be something like that too. Your logs don’t really mean anything though, all they show is the client or editor tried to connect and then failed. 

I'm actually in my home so no public wifi thats being blocked. Tho, what I found is a firewall enabled onto the wan interface my server uses (the ppp1.1)for intersect: 698a3dcef7a0b9408e26a68cd26009e3.png

I disabled it, just to see, than ran my server again. I went on my 2nd pc to try out the connection, and it finaaaaaally worked (once). No more could not connect message, so I told myself good that was the problem and its fixed... but then, a few seconds later my hole internet crashed lol and my router went down. So I rebooted it. After, I tried logging in and the same thing started happening, could not connect, plus, the wifi crashed again, so I rebooted it like 20 times but everytime i ran the server it made my wifi crash lol. So I checked the settings again and the firewall was still disabled. I decided to call my isp and after an hour+ of talking he said he couldnt stabilise my wifi and he doesnt know why its crashing lol so obv it was the server making it crash but idk why. So then later I turned the firewall back on in the wan interface and everything went back to normal I can use the server, no wifi crash, port is open and 'game is accessible to the public' (it actually isnt) and I can only use it locally. Any ideas? To me thats too strange I have no idea whats causing all this. Ty (for ur help jc)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Please upload images to our filehost. In the future.

 

Please show us the port fowarding settings again but include the server ip field that's cutoff in your image.

 

Please open command prompt on your server and run ipconfig and upload the results.

I normally do, but the filehost page was bugged for me for some reason. I cut out the ip because I thought I shouldnt publicly show it on the internet but here. 

 

Port forwarding: b825b64e3a266d73cb953c19ed52c80d.jpeg

 

 

Ipconfig command:

58fbfe914198be30e5ce9cf5209810c2.jpeg

 

 

Good filehost worked this time :)

 

*the ip used above is ipv4: 192.xxx.xx.106

*Scratched numbers in above images are identical

 

And here is when running the server (shows public ip):

81df7b6bee4f0eef081d97866a907cbc.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

If you type the following in command prompt:

 

ping edelar-online.ddns.net

 

It returns your public ip as:

104.158.85.51

 

and not the ip the server shows which is 104.158.X.116

 

You need to somehow tell your ddns service that your ip has changed. That is your problem.

 

Edit: There's no point in trying to conceal your ip(s).... the 192.168.X.X doesn't matter at all, and the public one will be visible by the ping command to anyone who has your game. And, just knowing an ip address is not enough for anyone to do you harm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

If you type the following in command prompt:

 

ping edelar-online.ddns.net

 

It returns your public ip as:

104.158.85.51

 

and not the ip the server shows which is 104.158.X.116

 

You need to somehow tell your ddns service that your ip has changed. That is your problem.

 

Edit: There's no point in trying to conceal your ip(s).... the 192.168.X.X doesn't matter at all, and the public one will be visible by the ping command to anyone who has your game. And, just knowing an ip address is not enough for anyone to do you harm.

Ok thanks about the ip info :) I have no-ip updater on my pc not currently running since my server is down atm (since no one can join anyway) as soon as i open the server and noip the ddns automatically changes to the right public ip but it still doesnt work. So thats why its not the same right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

If you can't fix the ddns right now then post your public ip (the one the server shows) or pm it to me.

I made everything fit in 1 image

202a774ce4411e49d71b6a463957861c.jpeg

I feel very proud of this picture lol.

So this is what it looks like when I got everything running fine (without ping open..), people can't connect :////

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, jcsnider said:

Working fine here:

9f0aebfc69560b823757a17eb96977f4.png

 

 

 

If people cannot connect it is no longer your fault, it's their network blocking your game.

Oh wow, really? I just tried on my laptop and it wont work. Must be a thing where I cant connect from my own network I guess? But I can see it works for others so thank you so muchhh jc!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...