Linked Server with Website

AccurateNoodle

Question

Hello! I wanted to have some enlightment on this subject. I wanted to make users that register on my site, to be registered in-game with the same info, and to enable a shop that automatically changes the server's database like  items levels or even membership. I can always edit the database using Navicat or MySQL but how to do it automatically? I've seen posts similar to this but nothing that actually helped explain.Thanks :)))))

4 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

It's not really possible at this time....

Alright, so it will be possible? And about memberships, that might sound silly.. but let's say you pay for member, the site unlocks a certain page, could the engine check if that page is unlocked or not? Or something similar lol that makes communication. Or as u said gotta wait also?

When they get the membership the server would set a player switch to true.. and set it to false when the membership expires.

In game all you would need are events to check that switch and then it could show/hide stuff based on its value. Pretty simple.

(And of course, all of this can get insanely more robust and complex once the source code is available)

2 hours ago, jcsnider said:

When they get the membership the server would set a player switch to true.. and set it to false when the membership expires.

That actually 'sounds' so much simpler :2_grimacing: is it possible at this time or when source is out?

Edit: Just realised you still need to make communication with the server, maybe make some sort of shop in-game if possible?