Projectiles & Weapons

banshot

Question

Hello, everyone. I am still pretty new here and have been tinkering with Intersect all day. So far, so good, however, I've run into an issue utilizing weapons and projectiles.

My intent is to create a class that ONLY attacks from afar with projectiles. Naturally, I created a new projectile and created an item from which to utilize it. However, now it seems that the stats of the player are completely ignored and instead are replaced with the weapon's. My intention was to have the stats of the item be blank so as to allow the player's individual stats in their class to calculate damage.

Let me explain a little further: When a character's stats are calculated for basic attacks, they will follow the formula and generate appropriate numbers, but when a weapon is introduced with no stats or base attack, the weapon doesn't hit for anything. Changing the value of 'base attack' to 1 on the weapon causes it to ONLY hit for 1 damage.

I've poked around looking for a way to fix this, however I cannot find one. It seems so far that the item's stats are overriding those of the player, making their level and attack points moot.

5 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

That suggests your characters have 0 attack stats

Not sure what's happening. I assure you the stats of the classes and of the characters are not 0. I went ahead and moved forward with a different approach, so hopefully that helps.

A players stats and weapon stats are calculated in damage calculation. Player stats scale with levels. However, base damage and damage scaling are replaced with weapon base damage and weapon damage scaling when equipped. The stuff in the class editor only applies for unarmed combat. Just simply make all weapons have 100% weapon scaling, 0 base dmg and give 0 stats if you want your damage to be solely from the class.

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

A players stats and weapon stats are calculated in damage calculation. Player stats scale with levels. However, base damage and damage scaling are replaced with weapon base damage and weapon damage scaling when equipped. The stuff in the class editor only applies for unarmed combat. Just simply make all weapons have 100% weapon scaling, 0 base dmg and give 0 stats if you want your damage to be solely from the class.

I went ahead and set the settings for the item to '0' base damage, '0' for all stats, and set scaling amount to '100', yet without the base damage set on the weapon, the weapon simply doesn't deal damage, but does pull aggro.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:40 AM, banshot said:

Hello, everyone. I am still pretty new here and have been tinkering with Intersect all day. So far, so good, however, I've run into an issue utilizing weapons and projectiles.

My intent is to create a class that ONLY attacks from afar with projectiles. Naturally, I created a new projectile and created an item from which to utilize it. However, now it seems that the stats of the player are completely ignored and instead are replaced with the weapon's. My intention was to have the stats of the item be blank so as to allow the player's individual stats in their class to calculate damage.

Let me explain a little further: When a character's stats are calculated for basic attacks, they will follow the formula and generate appropriate numbers, but when a weapon is introduced with no stats or base attack, the weapon doesn't hit for anything. Changing the value of 'base attack' to 1 on the weapon causes it to ONLY hit for 1 damage.

I've poked around looking for a way to fix this, however I cannot find one. It seems so far that the item's stats are overriding those of the player, making their level and attack points moot.

The base damage needs to be at least one. Also look into the Server -> Config for the damage formulas