Paperdoll and Weapon Confusion

Toast

Question

I'm new to using Intersect, so I don't know much about it yet, nor do I know how to figure these things out. I've been pixeling for my game and I came across a potential problem with an outfit I made and any weapons that may be used with it in the future. I want to make a sword to go with a robe, but on a few of the sprite frames I've noticed that the robe should be in front of any item the character is holding. So far, this is the only outfit that would give me this situation. I'm not sure if I should be pixeling the sword to fit the specific outfit and have it look wrong with any regular outfits, or have it pixeled to fit the regular outfits and potentially have part of the sword covering the robe. The sprite with the arrow pointing toward it is the one that'll have a problem with weapons potentially overlaying the cloak part of the robe.

https://imgur.com/a/HdzzAPp (Sorry if this doesn't show up, I have no idea how to post images here..)

Please feel free to explain like I'm a complete idiot! I obviously don't understand things like this very well-- I'm just an artist I don't know how to run the game :61_sob:

4 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Kasplant said:

In the config you can set in which order you want to render the clothes.

If you render the cloak after the sword in the side sprites (So put the cloak lower down the list), it should look fine. No matter what outfit you wear.

Thank you so very much! I made the boyfriend explain everything so it made sense, but i'm so glad it'll work out :)