Few final questions...

Garlic

Question

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just wanna get them out of the way and can't seem to find my answers elsewhere.

1) Where's the XML where I can alter the positioning of the GUI.

2) How do I view admin commands, such as item/npc spawning.

3) How do I get animated tiles working? I see some tiles that are very clearly supposed to be animated, but when I place them in game all 4 images show up.

4) Is there a guild system in play or do I wait for the source for that?
5) Is there a way at character creation to have different hairstyles or races? What's the easiest way to deal with that? Current plan is to have each class have a preset sprite & hairstyle design and in-game have paperdoll-based items that you can use to fill in things such as eyes, hair, etc; no idea how to do that either though, will figure out in time.

3 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Mercy said:

1) Where's the XML where I can alter the positioning of the GUI.

Client/Resources/Gui/*.xml

24 minutes ago, Mercy said:

2) How do I view admin commands, such as item/npc spawning.

No such commands exist. You can make your own via the event system.

See: https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/2391-incredibly-easy-commands-tutorial/

25 minutes ago, Mercy said:

3) How do I get animated tiles working? I see some tiles that are very clearly supposed to be animated, but when I place them in game all 4 images show up.

Set the dropdown near the tiles from Normal to Animated Autotiles.

26 minutes ago, Mercy said:

4) Is there a guild system in play or do I wait for the source for that?

At this time there isn't a guild system, nor are there plans to add one.  So best move atm is wait for source.

27 minutes ago, Mercy said:

5) Is there a way at character creation to have different hairstyles or races? What's the easiest way to deal with that? Current plan is to have each class have a preset sprite & hairstyle design and in-game have paperdoll-based items that you can use to fill in things such as eyes, hair, etc; no idea how to do that either though, will figure out in time.

You can setup classes in the Intersect editor (which will cover races). In that editor you can define all the sprites your players can choose from.  It's fairly basic though, open source will allow for more customization for each game.

4 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Client/Resources/Gui/*.xml

No such commands exist. You can make your own via the event system.

See: https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/2391-incredibly-easy-commands-tutorial/

Set the dropdown near the tiles from Normal to Animated Autotiles.

At this time there isn't a guild system, nor are there plans to add one.  So best move atm is wait for source.

You can setup classes in the Intersect editor (which will cover races). In that editor you can define all the sprites your players can choose from.  It's fairly basic though, open source will allow for more customization for each game.

Thank you Jc! You're a lifesaver.

Only one more because I can't for the life of me figure it out. Where are maps saved? I can see they're saved in the map editor themselves, but is there an external folder it pulls from or something?