Stat Bonus Ranges

Polarbear

Question

Two part question:

One, is it possible to disable certain stats? My game im developing doesn't use some stats at all. The only 3 it uses is ATK, DEF, and SPD.

Two, is it possible to disable the Stat bonus range from adding to stats that I don't want it to?

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Short answer: Sort of and no

Long answer: Right now without the source I'm pretty sure you can't disable stats. You can take them out of the combat formulas that they're in so they're effectively unused, but I don't think there's anyway to get rid of them entirely. I would suggest just to not let players increase them in anyway, by having stats auto-upgrade when leveling and not adding items that give that stat. However, this method is problematic because there also isn't anyway to stop having the random stat bonus range from adding that stat. I suppose if that stat isn't used in any combat formulas it doesn't actually matter if players have any points in the stat from items because it's unused, but obviously I can see why you'd want to get rid of stats people aren't using/you're trying to deter people from putting points into. So you're going to have to wait til the source is out to do either of those things, but they'd presumably be easy changes to implement.

1 hour ago, mcadams said:

Short answer: Sort of and no

Long answer: Right now without the source I'm pretty sure you can't disable stats. You can take them out of the combat formulas that they're in so they're effectively unused, but I don't think there's anyway to get rid of them entirely. I would suggest just to not let players increase them in anyway, by having stats auto-upgrade when leveling and not adding items that give that stat. However, this method is problematic because there also isn't anyway to stop having the random stat bonus range from adding that stat. I suppose if that stat isn't used in any combat formulas it doesn't actually matter if players have any points in the stat from items because it's unused, but obviously I can see why you'd want to get rid of stats people aren't using/you're trying to deter people from putting points into. So you're going to have to wait til the source is out to do either of those things, but they'd presumably be easy changes to implement.

This works great actually, I didn't think of looking at the combat formulas. I'll take a look! Thanks!