3x3 Animation

Chqp

Question

How would I need to set up an animation that would replicate the desired outcome in the picture? I want it to move in a counter-clockwise fashion about the caster as an AoE cleave. I haven't started toying with the many possible combinations as I figured you guys might have an answer. 

Would I need to make something like a 3x3 of 96x96 pixel squares and in the corner of the squares my image will be placed? I'm trying to wrap my head around where I need to place the image and how big the initial image should be as well as all the other options within the animation editor (vertical/horizontal frames and # of frames). Any advice or instruction is appreciated before I start the trial and error process of finding the right combination.

animation.png

1 answer to this question

29 minutes ago, Chqp said:

How would I need to set up an animation that would replicate the desired outcome in the picture? I want it to move in a counter-clockwise fashion about the caster as an AoE cleave. I haven't started toying with the many possible combinations as I figured you guys might have an answer. 

Would I need to make something like a 3x3 of 96x96 pixel squares and in the corner of the squares my image will be placed? I'm trying to wrap my head around where I need to place the image and how big the initial image should be as well as all the other options within the animation editor (vertical/horizontal frames and # of frames). Any advice or instruction is appreciated before I start the trial and error process of finding the right combination.

animation.png

Just have animation frames be 96x96 and rotate it.

4a30626c24516ab3c2451f0761e6584b.png

http://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/ec63ba8fcb84eab1713fb61b1bbca352.mp4