Unable to connect the server, help

LoginLoi

Question

8 answers to this question

It looks like you haven't entered your PC's IP on the network properly into your port settings.

Open CMD and type ipconfig and then this should bring up some information on your network connection. You need to look for IPv4 Address in the information and this should be very easy to find provided you don't have more then one adapter installed. It will look like 192.168.0.17 but the 17 will likely be a different number. You need to change the Internal IP in the port settings to the number found in your CMD.

Another possible fix is enabling UPnP. This will deal with the port forwarding for you. Very few older routers support it though and it is usually enabled by default if the router does support it.

This is the only problem I can find with your setup, but it might not be all of the problem(s) as port forwarding can be fiddly sometimes.

Hello. Also very interested by an answer about this troubling: 

"could not retrieve connection information from AGD servers. Do you have an internet connection ?"

Got this message from time to time, so sometimes server is up, and sometimes it's not... 

What's the process ? What does it check and how ? And how can it be fixed when happens ?

Thanks.

Your pc is not able to tell if the game is accessible via the outside world.

So, what happens is that your Intersect Server asks my server to check and see if the port is open.

This error quite literally means what it says "could not retrieve connection information from AGD servers. Do you have an internet connection ?"

It means that your server could not ask mine to check the port, therefore my server is down or your internet is out.  If it fails to talk to my server that does not mean that your game isn't accessible to the world, it just doesn't know.

Ok, AGD server is yours.

So, if the local Intersect Server does work before this message, the best way to solve the "problem" is to restart the local server until it connects to yours.

I know it's noobish question but, I know you know, I am a noob ^^ 

Thanks  again.