A couple questions for a newbie!

Errie

Question

Hi Guys! Super new to this engine (super new to creating games) but want to create a game for friends and family that would fit all of our wants from a game. First step that I'm having a problem with is adding Skills into a game. Not spells, but levelable skills (such as mining, swordsmandship, magic, etc.) So my first question would be then how could I create attributes that would increase from doing that action? My first thought was to edit in what skills I wanted and create a gui for skills however Im not seeing a way to do this within this engine. So my second thought was to make Spells that acted as Skills with events tied into them (on hit gain 1 of 100, on 100 replace spell with upgraded spell) this isn't exactly what I wanted but its a start. Any thoughts or information would be GREATLY appriciated!

My second question is dealing with context menus. Is there a way to create a new action upon right-clicking (ie right click on vendor brings up context menu to talk, quest, or vendor) more in depth I want to be able to right click on say a plant and either search for seeds or cut plant.  Again my thoughts were creating events (on right click, etc.) and again I cant seem to find anything to do this with.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through all of that! And again if any of you have any information I would greatly appreciate it!!!

3 answers to this question

The plant think is possible with events, you just have to walk up and do a left click instead. The event can show the options and go from there.

Right click, context menu, skilling system all of that will require some custom source code changes in the future.