Starter Maps + Anti-Cheat

Lewis

Question

Hi,

Are there any starter/example maps that I can download and import into my server? I'd like to build off of some examples, I have no clue what I'm building from scratch. :(

Also, are there any anti-cheat services that I can intergrate with the game client? Like EasyAntiCheat for example? (not for games like this)

5 answers to this question

As for anti cheat, there is very little to worry about. We have an authoritative server model so nothing happens without the server checking. 

This means you can't spawn items, cheat for invincibility, or anything like that. Back in the day with runescape you could use cheat engine to change how much gold appeared in your inventory. You can do that with intersect but you can't spent it because the server knows you don't have it. 

The worst people should be able to do is speedhack a little. The server is lenient on that because it can be hard to differentiate between speed hacking and lag. 

Before going after anti-cheat addons we should wait and see what actual vulnerabilities exist and try to patch them instead of banking on third party software. 

40 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

As for anti cheat, there is very little to worry about. We have an authoritative server model so nothing happens without the server checking. 

This means you can't spawn items, cheat for invincibility, or anything like that. Back in the day with runescape you could use cheat engine to change how much gold appeared in your inventory. You can do that with intersect but you can't spent it because the server knows you don't have it. 

The worst people should be able to do is speedhack a little. The server is lenient on that because it can be hard to differentiate between speed hacking and lag. 

Before going after anti-cheat addons we should wait and see what actual vulnerabilities exist and try to patch them instead of banking on third party software. 

Ah, thank god for that.

Was worrying I'd have hackers all over the place. :(

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

Very well put!