Art Assets Sizes & Easy Creation Tips?

NightPotato

Question

Hello, so this may have been asked about a dozen times now but as I have only found things about animations and not the sizes, I heave decided to come right out and ask. What sizes should I use for the following items? Environment, Main Character, NPC Characters, Enemy Characters? and What sizes are required for animations and how do I layout the art? I am new to making the art assets, what are some easy ways to speed up this process and let me start creating a game?

Thanks,
NightPotato

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, NightPotato said:

Hello, so this may have been asked about a dozen times now but as I have only found things about animations and not the sizes, I heave decided to come right out and ask. What sizes should I use for the following items? Environment, Main Character, NPC Characters, Enemy Characters? and What sizes are required for animations and how do I layout the art? I am new to making the art assets, what are some easy ways to speed up this process and let me start creating a game?

Thanks,
NightPotato

Intersect has dynamic graphics. Your graphics can be any size (excluding gui elements) so long as they follow the format.

For tilesets each tile must be 32x32px but can be any size as long as its a multiple of 32.

Entities (enemies and sprites) can be any size as long as it is in a 4x4 format with the sprites facing the correct directions (reference the default sprites).

Resources such as trees or mining ores can be any size but its recommended for them to be a minimum of 32x32 px and a maximum of 64x128 px.

I realize this is not my post but this question is related. what size is the entire map area? I watched a couple videos on parallax mapping and if i were to paint my landscape in photoshop, how would I put this on my map? and by chance is maps done in tiled program supported?