Attack animation

Pythong

Question

Hello, everyone:

So I'll get right to my question. I'm wondering if its possible to display the currently equipped sword and shield on the character. I added a "Rusty Sword" item using the stock Sword sprite that comes bundled with Intersect Engine and pressed E. To my surprise, if didn't display the sword on my character, and just displayed the first frame of walking animation for my currently facing direction. So I'm wondering how I would go about changing this, to somehow display the weapon I have equipped, during the attack animation. Much appreciated!

I do have the source code for the engine. I ended up decompiling it for testing purposes, and if code changes are required, please share details on the best approach.

1 answer to this question

You can make the weapon appear over the character using paperdolls. You add a graphic in the paperdolls folder to be rendered over each frame of your character as your character moves. In this thread you can learn how paperdolls work and how to use them:

More advanced modification (aka via the source) is not permitted to be discussed until the time that the source is publicly released.