ERROR: Tried to load one or more null game objects (Help Please)

D4N

Question

Hi,

I've been playing around making levels all day and then after the server crashed tried to restart it only for it to tell me that it can't start and to look into the error txt file.

Here is the full error file the server is giving me back and quite frankly I have no idea where to start with this. Only making a game for me and some friends so far to play around in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried to load null value for index 2 of items
Tried to load null value for index 3 of items
<br/>
StackTrace :   bei Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.Database.LoadGameObjects(GameObject type) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Database.cs:Zeile 1633.
   bei Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.Database.LoadAllGameObjects() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Database.cs:Zeile 1384.
   bei Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.Database.InitDatabase() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Database.cs:Zeile 199.
   bei Intersect_Server.Classes.MainClass.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Main.cs:Zeile 60.
Date :24.12.2016 14:26:16

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I managed to narrow it down removing all the other errors that seem to have been there long before but not causing issues. The one pasted above is whats not letting the server start.

Any help is appreciated.

errors.log

intersect db.zip

Edited by D4N
Narrowed down error & attached DB file

4 answers to this question

This is database corruption. I need to figure out a better way to handle it. If anything you can load up the SqliteBrowser to view the Intersect.db file. You can then click on rows 34 and 35 of the items table, click the delete record button, and write the changes back to the database. You might have to remake an item or two.... but you can get back into your game design :P

Same thing has been happening to me.

Tried to load null value for index 34 of items
Tried to load null value for index 35 of items
<br/>
StackTrace :   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.Database.LoadGameObjects(GameObject type) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Database.cs:line 1633
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.Database.LoadAllGameObjects() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Database.cs:line 1384
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.Database.InitDatabase() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Database.cs:line 199
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.MainClass.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Main.cs:line 60
Date :12/23/2016 4:15:29 PM

Had this error before and was able to fix it by setting the ids for deleted as 1 and it worked, server crashed recently (a week after fix) and now the fix I used doesn't work anymore. Not really sure what's causing this.

Can upload DB if needed.

9 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

This is database corruption. I need to figure out a better way to handle it. If anything you can load up the SqliteBrowser to view the Intersect.db file. You can then click on rows 34 and 35 of the items table, click the delete record button, and write the changes back to the database. You might have to remake an item or two.... but you can get back into your game design :P

This worked for me thanks :) Made a habit of making a copy of the server folder every time I launch the editor now just to avoid any bigger losses too after this.