Server and deploying

xten123

So i am getting close to finishing a solid build of my game and i need to have a testing round. i need help setting up a sever i would rather not port-forward my own home network. i do have a budget so i can buy sever space. I tested googles cloud today for around 5 hours and i just could not get it working (Yes i looked at the tutorial on the forums)  so please if anyone knows a simple way to do this please help me out here.

Which distro of Linux were you running?

What version of said distro were you running?

What exactly does "could not get it working" mean? Did the server start, but you couldn't connect? Did the server error out on startup? (I'm going to assume you changed the IP on your client, but I'm mentioning this just in case.)

More information would help us help you. ;)

7 hours ago, SPQR Panda said:

Which distro of Linux were you running?

What version of said distro were you running?

What exactly does "could not get it working" mean? Did the server start, but you couldn't connect? Did the server error out on startup? (I'm going to assume you changed the IP on your client, but I'm mentioning this just in case.)

More information would help us help you. ;)

ok so the issue is i am able to create a rule for my ports but google is not letting me see the portfowarded adress and will not let me portforward it. i am running a windows 2016 sever its jsut a trail and its free. :)  and i have changed the ip on the client. (i work on movies this is my frist time i have done more with a server than uploading on a perexisting one)

Past setting up a rule, I have no idea how to port-forward on Windows, at least not on Google Cloud. I have no idea what you mean about Google not letting you see the portforwarded address/not letting you portforward it, so I'm not going to be able to help any further.

2 hours ago, SPQR Panda said:

Past setting up a rule, I have no idea how to port-forward on Windows, at least not on Google Cloud. I have no idea what you mean about Google not letting you see the portforwarded address/not letting you portforward it, so I'm not going to be able to help any further.

ok then do you know of any other way to create a server for cheap?