About ip.

Weylon Santana

Question

The following is.
I made a project and had to test with some friends. To not give errors I used the hamachi as ip for the client. So far so good. The question now is that I want to change ip, I already tried to change it to my fixed ip and when I do this the project does not open anymore, register or log close the client, I was wondering if there is how I change ip without having to recreate everything the project.
So far I've tried.
Change the ip.
and
Create a new project with the ip that I want and copy the database.
And in both cases the client closes.
I just want to change the ip without re-creating everything again.
For those who think that the error may be the door, I use open ports, there is no problem connecting to the hamachi. I just do not want to depend on him anymore.

8 answers to this question

You don't have to create a new project to stop using hamachi. To use your own ip, you have to do something called port forwarding, which is letting players connect to a server hosted on your machine through a port (Intersect uses port 4000 I think but you can change that too)

Go here if you want to see what your external IP is, after that you have to open an exception in your firewall settings for the port you want to use, you can find tutorials on how to do that on google, but usually it's pretty easy, you normally type 192.168.0.1 in your browser's URL bar and get to your routers login page where you have to log in(it's different login details depending on the router and ISP) and then you have to go into firewall settings and make an exception for the port you want to use.

15 minutes ago, lurv said:

Just go into config.ini and change it to your IP

That is the problem issue.

"The question now is that I want to change ip, I already tried to change it to my fixed ip and when I do this the project does not open anymore, register or log close the client"