Virtual Private Server

Psyclapped

Hello, all. Are you in need of a good VPS? Perhaps you feel they're out of your budget, or too complex to set up.

Well, ladies and gentlemen and Gwen, look no further because I've got exactly what you're looking for!

For as low as $5 per month, you can have your very own Virtual Private Server! Isn't that amazing? You can bet your underpants that it's amazing! I present to you, a marvelous VPS service that I've been using, called Digital Ocean. Seriously, these people are spectacular. They have everything from servers for people on a budget, to people who need 224GB of RAM on a 32 Core Processor with a 10TB data transfer rate. I shit you not, they have that option. Scout's honour. (Wait, can I say that if I was never a scout? Bah, who cares?!)

Would you like to try out their service for free? How about, try it out for a whopping two months for free? Well, I'm also providing that for you as well. By clicking this link, (it's a referral link) I'm literally gifting each and every single one of you with $10 to go toward a Digital Ocean VPS. Seriously. Please click on it. The fate of humanity depends on it.

But enough of the hype-talk. Digital Ocean is pretty damn good, in my opinion. You can use it for anything from hosting a game server, to parallel processing (since you can configure multiple servers to communicate privately with each other), to your own private email server. They've got easy installs of tons of apps, everything from Wordpress to Mumble to Django. But yeah, I highly recommend you check them out, especially by clicking this link. Seriously. Please click on it. The fate of humanity depends on it. JUST CLICK THE ******* LINK! <- referral link. please click on it.

Haha, love you guys.

It looks nice, I just have one question: why you can check the cost plan in hourly? xD

I toke a look on the speed test and I receive this message: This speedtest requires at least version 8 of Flash. Please update your client.

I don't thing my client need an update :P

Thanks, I will probably try it and have fate in the humanity.

8 minutes ago, Gibier said:

It looks nice, I just have one question: why you can check the cost plan in hourly? xD

Excellent question, Gibier! Digital Ocean is a bit different from places that normally charge by the month. The fee is listed as "per month", but it's calculated by the hour, with a certain maximum number of hours each month (672) being what Digital Ocean has determined is their "average". So if you only use a server for 100 hours and you shut it down, then you'll only be charged for that 100 hours instead of an entire month. So the price is, technically, calculated per hour, up to a maximum of 672 hours per month, at which point you're billed.