Omega Engine

General Awesome

What Is Omega Engine?

Omega Engine is the next generation of 2D O/RPG creation software; it is a brand new engine, programmed in C# with three core things in mind:

• Efficiency: When designing the new engine, we are constantly looking for ways to increase performance. Gone are the days where one must worry about their engine functioning properly with a substantial amount of users or limited hardware.
  • Usability: Through meticulous code reviews, a versatile language, competent developers, and strict following of well known and proven software design patterns, Omega Engine will have a very clean code-base with which to work. We also seek to provide the community with a set of editors that will be revolutionary when compared with what many of our competitors offer.
  • Longevity: Through the application of the aforementioned principles, we hope to provide the community with something to stand the test of time.

Will It Be Free and or Open Source?

Yes.

Expected Release Date:

Honestly, I don't know, and I'm not going to sugar coat it for you either. Complex software projects like this take time. I definitely wouldn't recommend postponing the development of your game in hopes of developing it around Lunar Eclipse; however, I hope to have something for you guys to play around with before summer arrives.

Screenshots

[2/6/15]

M0NnUJV.png

5jf68QO.pnguVtvUj8.png

[10/20/15]

ZzNJzYn.png

Find more information here.

Regards,

John Lamontagne a.k.a General Awesome

• 8 months later...

I'm refreshing this project. The name has been changed, and I am currently beginning the process of porting the code I wrote for my personal project back to the original vision. This includes ripping out and replacing the matchmaking and dungeon generation systems with a persistent world.

Current screenshot:

ZzNJzYn.png