Connect the server Lan (Router)

Martinnl

Question

Hi I have a question, looking through the forum and only found questions about Hamachi and I mean for example, host to the 
Lan via a router and now I do not know what's going on with this connecting. As for me, in the file URconfig.xml as for me,
I have to enter for example, my ip from the router and the router such as open ports on which will mean game. Pukke what server it's on my Lan on the computer on which you are working. but soon as more refine their skills in the service plans to go with Wine on Linux where I say had to be the whole server. From what I read are the possibility to work on Linux.

As for me, I never someone does not connect even on the open port as will have entered localhost: 4500 is not possible

3 answers to this question

The general steps to get others into your game are as follows.

1. Open port 4500 on your router. You can find the specific guide for your router here - http://portforward.com/

2. Find your public ip address. You can find that here: http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/myip.php

3. Finally, open the config.xml in your client/resources folder and change localhsot to your public ip address from step 2.

That should be all you have to do. If it still doesn't work try disabling Windows firewall and/or your Antivirus. Once you find what's blocking the connection you can add an exemption for Intersect.

Goodluck!

If you can achieve this success I would like to order server works on Linux Ubuntu.

I think the Router does not make the problem in connecting. Before the Host it was.

That is, will not be a problem if the server will work on the lan and on the rotuer
opening ports, everything should work. and whether the port 4500 is a standard or you can e.g. change it and whether or not this has some impact on the server