Can you code to add custom features or game mechanics

Herano

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello you don't have to ^^. You can add that with eventing. Create a player variable named player_reputation (and one other named player_reputation_level if you want to add levels) and get it to 0. Know all you have to do is when creating an event which influence the reputation, do a thing like this :

variable player_reputation add/soustract the amount needed (or whatever you want to do). and here you are. Have a good day or night where ever you are and welcome in the wonderful world of Intersect. Good luck ^^.

5 hours ago, Artheios said:

Hello you don't have to ^^. You can add that with eventing. Create a player variable named player_reputation (and one other named player_reputation_level if you want to add levels) and get it to 0. Know all you have to do is when creating an event which influence the reputation, do a thing like this :

variable player_reputation add/soustract the amount needed (or whatever you want to do). and here you are. Have a good day or night where ever you are and welcome in the wonderful world of Intersect. Good luck ^^.

That sounds great, I will look into how the eventing system works.

I have this other idea, where I want to create a bounty system. So players can track other players for rewards or money. I also want to make a board (UI) where the player can view all possible bounties. Can the event system also do that?

By the way is it possible to show on somewhere the value of player_reputation.

Thank you so much.

Of course I am currently going through the tutorials and guides, but I can't help, but think about how I could do this and this in the same time.

Erf... Forgot that... I think if you want to show up the variable in a menu window like the player window, you may have to modify something in the .json folder and maybe in the source code as well but i'm not sure. 

The bounty system would be quite like the reputation system but same problem to show it after if the player wants to check it.

7 hours ago, Artheios said:

Erf... Forgot that... I think if you want to show up the variable in a menu window like the player window, you may have to modify something in the .json folder and maybe in the source code as well but i'm not sure. 

The bounty system would be quite like the reputation system but same problem to show it after if the player wants to check it.

I see,

Meanwhile, I've read about the possibilty to change the source code, but I noticed there is not enough instructions  about it. When you fork the projects, you have a bunch of folders everywhere and you are confused about where you got to do your changes. Even though, I know C# pretty well ( did Unity ) and have some basic experience on networking, I have no idea how to add any wanted content. Like how I need to communicate data between server and client.

Is there any guide or tutorial available for that. It could help guild people through the source code.

Basically, the interface options could be modified in the .json folder in the resources folder of each parts' folder(client and editor / server). For the source code i know they use Github and there's documentation accessible by the home page of the forum. Even me who isn't a programmer successed with these, it should be childplay for you ^^.