Can't un select a target, self or other player

Vallorz

Question

After left/right clicking an NPC, myself your another Player, the square is stuck around them and their information popup stuck at top left under my own info. 

In previous versions, you could just right click the target again and it would un select/de select them and get rid of the info popup. 

However I am running latest pre-release and this doesn't work anymore, is there something I am missing? So annoying having the pop up on your screen forever unless you log out. 

2 answers to this question

On 6/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, Vallorz said:

In previous versions, you could just right click the target again and it would un select/de select them and get rid of the info popup. 

I don't personally remember this behaviour, to me, right/left click always been a way to only select the targets but perhaps, you are right (i started to use intersect around beta 7 's devbranch so i can't tell if it worked differently before).

What always worked for me is the ESC key to deselect and ofc, the TAB key to switch over nearby targets :16_relieved: have you tried that already? logging out isn't really necessary.

EDIT: recently found out that stickytarget (a game client preference that wasn't exposed to the settings) is the property that when set to false, allows the behavior described by @Vallorz to happen, decided to open a pull request that should restore this property back to false by default, and will also allow the user to toggle it within the client and save/load their preference.

11 minutes ago, Arufonsu said:

I don't personally remember this behaviour, to me, right/left click always been a way to only select the targets but perhaps, you are right (i started to use intersect around beta 7 's devbranch so i can't tell if it worked differently before).

What always worked for me is the ESC key to deselect and ofc, the TAB key to switch over nearby targets :16_relieved: have you tried that already? logging out isn't really necessary.

Omg, I swear I tried ESC before but now it works -.-

Thank you! I feel dumb af now lol