Are there any UI Editing Guides that cover:

-adding UI 

-removing UI

-general/quick understanding of what each line/numbers do in the UI editing

-new action bars  

-new buttons  

-new hotkeys

-maximize windowed

-anything else related to UI elements like the escape menu or paperdoll, health bars, inventory, world map, radar, chest/container inventory

Have not used Intersect before and am struggling to find a solid foundation to work through and learn on a beginner level other than world editing, i clicked the resources link on the main page hoping it went to a helpful place but was a broken link and chunks of the official documentation are empty.

Am i going to need to learn how to edit the source to use most of Intersect? 

Is the forum the only safe place to get up to date info?

I like the look of intersect but i worry im not smart enough to get going in this because it has a built in learning curve of lack of things to use to learn, that's my thoughts as i try to figure out how to edit the loading screen UI so that it feels like a comfortable workspace that im going to be reloading over and over, but i keep thinking of the posts iv seen where the theme is mostly going to be community related updates and support, asif the documentation has had chunks missing for a while and game making tools and tutorials are left in limbo with the abandoned youtube vids.

2 answers to this question

There is a community made GUI editor:

This is also a good tutorial on editing the GUI manually though the JSON files:

I believe the format for the numbers is (Position x, Position Y, Size X, Size Y)
But take that with a grain of salt, I haven't touched the editor in some time.

8 hours ago, Edddy said:

Have not used Intersect before and am struggling to find a solid foundation to work through and learn on a beginner level other than world editing, i clicked the resources link on the main page hoping it went to a helpful place but was a broken link and chunks of the official documentation are empty.

Am i going to need to learn how to edit the source to use most of Intersect? 

Is the forum the only safe place to get up to date info?

I like the look of intersect but i worry im not smart enough to get going in this because it has a built in learning curve of lack of things to use to learn, that's my thoughts as i try to figure out how to edit the loading screen UI so that it feels like a comfortable workspace that im going to be reloading over and over, but i keep thinking of the posts iv seen where the theme is mostly going to be community related updates and support, asif the documentation has had chunks missing for a while and game making tools and tutorials are left in limbo with the abandoned youtube vids.

I am in your position and I can tell you this: The engine provides most basic features to create a 2D 'MMO'. But if you are looking to do something specific, you'll have to edit source or hire someone to do so.
There is a lack of documentation; though I think it is more then off-set by a friendly community that doesn't mind answering the same questions over and over again.

My personal suggestion would to just start playing around with things, trial and error is a very effective way to learn new skills. ( I spent 4 hours editing 1 piece of GUI cause I suck at it, but still felt rewarding after i figured it out on my own after many failed attempts. Start a small game, don't go big, it will most likely not live very long and you will learn all you need for your next one. Most people here have spent years on their games and most never see the light of day. Enjoy the process or hire people to do it.