How many players can this engine handle?

RandemGamor

Question

Hi there,

So I'm working on a new game idea (not disclosing yet) and it has pretty high potential to explode in players - I'm also a Youtuber so I'll be advertising it on my channel, youtube etc.

Now, my main concern is how many players can this engine actually handle without issues please?

Also is there a way to limit how many players can connect to one server?

And finally how would I go about setting up multiple servers, and having a 'Server Select' on the start menu please?

Now I don't know yet whether I'd want characters to be server specific or whether I'd want them all to use the same database.
But I'll decide on that in the near future.

Many Thanks,
Randem Gamor.

4 answers to this question

guy. I believe that the engine is very light and promising as to support players, I've seen more than 200 players in a game there. I've even recommended it.

about selecting the server on the home screen, it would be very useful. about limiting the number of players, you can limit it by the settings on the server 

5 hours ago, Sorinan said:

guy. I believe that the engine is very light and promising as to support players, I've seen more than 200 players in a game there. I've even recommended it.

about selecting the server on the home screen, it would be very useful. about limiting the number of players, you can limit it by the settings on the server 

Awesome thank you. I'll have to double check the settings again :) I may have overlooked it.
Yeah server select option would definitely be great.

5 hours ago, jcsnider said:

We've seen at least 194 in Leafling back in December.... it ran but wasn't great. Since then a ton of improvements have been made and we are looking forward to finding our new ceiling and improving further from there.

Oh okay cool thanks :)
Option to have a server selection at the start would be great.
Either servers with separate characters / databases or even servers all linked back to a central mySQL database?

Would be good for anyone making huge projects from this. Imagine if someone made a game that became as big as Runescape for example? :O