How do I add or remove stats please?

RandemGamor

Question

Hello,

So I was wondering if there is a way to add or remove existing stats please?

I also would like to be able to remove 'Speed' from the character upgrade / points screen but still have it as a stat.
I just don't want players to be able to upgrade speed using points.

Then I'd like to add additional stats like 'Dexterity' which might be able to be used for dodge?

Also is it possible to manually cap each stat differently? As currently I can only see that we can cap "all stats" to a specific number?

2 answers to this question

All of this would be a source code job. (In theory you could just hide the speed upgrade button but users could still send packets to increase the stat so it's a very exploitable solution)

There's a few ways you could achieve some of these ideas but all of them would require you to edit the code to make it do what you want specifically.

13 hours ago, Cheshire said:

All of this would be a source code job. (In theory you could just hide the speed upgrade button but users could still send packets to increase the stat so it's a very exploitable solution)

There's a few ways you could achieve some of these ideas but all of them would require you to edit the code to make it do what you want specifically.

Ah okay thanks.. I have no idea where I'd even start to edit the source code. Any direction to start in would be helpful please. Like what program(s) I'd need and what language it's in? Then I can head off into the world of learning :)

It would be nice to be able to remove stats from being upgraded server side. I found a way to disable it client side, but they could easily edit that and enable it again :D
Speed stat wont be overly useful.. So I wanted to stop people from putting stat points into it as it's technically a waste. Especially as I'm adding boots with + walk speed on :)

Many Thanks.