NPC or Event dialog and choices

Kuskus

Question

So I was excited to see how flexible the engine is, the only thing stopping me from doing any sort of developing now that I have my map and some assets inserted is actually making interactive content. It looks like everything has to be hand coded, there's no easy click this button here to do this stuff. I want either to utilize the NPC with no sprite or Event function so that when the player hits the action button in that spot it opens a menu or dialog box where it asks the player where they want to warp. Then after that they have a choice of where they would like to go. I have absolutely no idea where to begin adding in those functions xD.
I have no problems learning new things but since this is all very new to me I'm probably going to be coming back here repeatedly off and on to do new things just to make sure everything gets done right.

5 answers to this question

The event system does just what you’re asking for. For this to work you need to go to the “events” tab where your tileset area is. Double click on where you want your event. You will need to choose the “show options” one (I forget what it’s called and I’m on my phone) and for each option set a warp point. Easy day.

6 hours ago, Scaly said:

The event system does just what you’re asking for. For this to work you need to go to the “events” tab where your tileset area is. Double click on where you want your event. You will need to choose the “show options” one (I forget what it’s called and I’m on my phone) and for each option set a warp point. Easy day.

Mk yes there's a event but does it allow me to have a dialog box pop up with a list of available warp points they can choose from? I'm actually not having much luck.4151379963.png