Issue with starting with source code of intersect engine

wamac

Question

First off, I'm a newbie so please bare with me :)  I'm having an issue with trying to start the Intersect Client.exe and Intersect Editor from the github source code... I downloaded the contents on GitHub and have ran the Intersect.Server and it ran fine and It says the server is up and ready for the public.

However, after running starting that in Visual Studio I then attempt to run the Intersect.Client and I get an error: 

2021-01-14 01:10:00.786 [Error] The resources directory could not be found! Intersect will now close.
Exception thrown: 'System.ObjectDisposedException' in mscorlib.dll
The program '[24904] Intersect Client.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

I also get the below error for when I try to start the Intersect.Editor in visual studio:

'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'F:\INTERSECT SOURCE CODE MAYBE\Intersect-Engine-main\build\debug\editor\Intersect Editor.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'Intersect Core'. Symbols loaded.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'System.Collections.Immutable'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\netstandard\v4.0_2.0.0.0__cc7b13ffcd2ddd51\netstandard.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll'. 
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'DarkUI'. 
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.ThemeVS2015'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml.Linq\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.Linq.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'MonoGame.Framework'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'SharpDX.DXGI'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'SharpDX.Direct3D11'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'Newtonsoft.Json'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Intersect Editor.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Intersect Editor.exe): Loaded 'SharpDX'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
The program '[23648] Intersect Editor.exe' has exited with code -1073740771 (0xc000041d).

Anyhow, I was hoping for guidance, am I not able to just download the Github documents and just run it? Do I need to first do something else? Once again, thank you for your patience as I'm a complete noob.

-Wamac

2 answers to this question

So the client requires graphic assets, shaders, fonts, etc in order to run.

If you download the Stable full archive here and copy the resources folder into your /build/debug/client and /build/debug/editor folders that you are compiling into it should run fine.