Increasing tileset resolution & movement directions.

Argilus

Question

Is it possible for me to increase tileset resolution? As in, can I modify the editor source to import bigger images for character creation? My sprites are 128x128 for each frame.

Is it also possible to add more animation framed to characters, as well as animation states? (For example, falling down, attacking, running, etc.)

And lastly, where can I add additional directions? (For example, instead of just Up, down, left, right, I have up, up left, left, left down, down, down right, right, right up)

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Argilus said:

I’m not interested in that.

im wondering where in the source I would find these settings.

i want to render my characters at 128 not scale them down, because I can just increase screen resolution (1080p) tinder everything.

adding additional directionality and animations also does not seem to be possible. Are there any source classes that handle this?

Should probably have specified that, as the engine doesn't care about your resource sizes and just accepts them if the frame counts are correct.

Tile size does need to be edited in the server configuration however.

As for additional movement frames, you'll have to add those in the entity rendering classes as that's not something configurable.

9 hours ago, Cheshire said:

It's definitely possible, but by default it's not supported to load larger images and render them as smaller objects.

I’m not interested in that.

im wondering where in the source I would find these settings.

i want to render my characters at 128 not scale them down, because I can just increase screen resolution (1080p) tinder everything.

adding additional directionality and animations also does not seem to be possible. Are there any source classes that handle this?