Error (403) Forbidden & update.php errors

TheQuokkaBloke

Question

Im trying to use update.php rather than update.json, heres my problem -

I have a hosted site from hostkoala and have a website running for my game and have placed the update.php website inside the folder in my cpanel that also has the Intersect client resources then moved then changed the config.json - update url to the correct path.

But whenever i seem to try to patch i get

The Remote Server Returned An Error (403) Forbidden

I looked up the error logs in my cpanel and this was there

"[16-Nov-2020 20:29:04 America/Detroit] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /home/legendsf/public_html/Patch/update.php on line 72"

line 72 of update.php is "$obj->TrustCache = true;" but i didn't wanna mess with anything before asking

Thank you in advance. :grog:

12 answers to this question

Okay nah you cant you can only get to my mainpage which is https://legendsfromfartale.com :S

so not sure how to configure it to make a page for patching I thought I could just put the client folder in the main page then the update in the client folder and it will download it, as I placed update in the main homepage at the start and pressed patch and it decided to download every folder on my webpage apart from the client :S

Been stuck on this for 6 days now :( still just

[The Remote Server Returned An Error (403) Forbidden] on Client.exe

["[16-Nov-2020 20:29:04 America/Detroit] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /home/legendsf/public_html/Patch/update.php on line 72"] In error_logs on webpage

It fully patches everything when you run it but then its throws up the Forbidden error just before it finished patching and i dont understand why, if i remove the UpdateURL it goes straight in with no files missing, which means it is updating all the files i place in the webpage, but you cant get past the patching screen because of the error even though everythings been downloaded :S

Sorry man, but a 403 is really something you've configured (or is default) on your webhost somewhere so not much we can do about that.

And does your webhost block downloading executables if it gets stuck on the client?

Ignore the warning in your php logs as that's entirely unrelated and wouldn't cause an issue here anyway. A 403 happens because of permissions.