How to create a build of the development branch

Dagobah

Question

Hello i recently clone the Github project in my computer and then i compile a Build to test the new features as Auto update and Entity attack animations but this version of intersect doesn't include all those features, i guess that they are in the development branch so i tried to merge development branch with main branch but that doesn't worked that gives me a lot of errors when opening the editor. 

Also i'm pretty new to GitHub and Git in general so please if someone can teach me how to get the build with new features i would be very gratefull. thank you so much

3 answers to this question

Once you've got the branch selected in github desktop, open the downloaded files in visual studio and just build it.

Selecting a branch changes your local files to the specific one.

If you only want those features, and no custom features though I would suggest downloading the latest automated build however: 

No compilation required, it has the two features you mentioned already.

I wouldn't recommend merging branches together, instead try selecting the development branch as your working branch instead from the branch dropdown in Github Desktop.

Though honestly, I'd recommend taking the pre-release branch over the Development one unless you specifically need stuff from development, which you don't seem to need.

9 minutes ago, Joyce said:

I wouldn't recommend merging branches together, instead try selecting the development branch as your working branch instead from the branch dropdown in Github Desktop.

Though honestly, I'd recommend taking the pre-release branch over the Development one unless you specifically need stuff from development, which you don't seem to need.

ok thank you but i don't have clear how to create the build of the pre release branch only

thnk you so much