A whole list of questions

Julian

Question

1. For some reason only 4 spells are automatically placed in the spell window when I add them to the class. Is this a bug ? If not , anyone know where the code is to change this ?

2. I have hidden  the spell window Graphic, but for some reasons there is a shadow where the graphic once was. Is this code or is there a graphic that I have not found yet?

3. I cannot find the code for an Iframe. I am a Javascript/php/perl/asp developer , so I have been fumbling through the c# code ...I have made many changes that have worked but C# i not my greatest strength.

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Julian said:

3. I cannot find the code for an Iframe. I am a Javascript/php/perl/asp developer , so I have been fumbling through the c# code ...I have made many changes that have worked but C# i not my greatest strength.

You can use System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("http://address here") to open a web page on the users PC. 

Embedding an actual browser into the game is unrealistic. If you need to display web based data in the game you gotta fetch it using web functions and then display using the rendered game UI. 

The (bad) alternative is the System.Windows.Forms browser control, but given that the game window isn't a winform I don't think it could be used. Maybe a pop-up window of some type would work? But then you're better off just using process start... And even if you went that route you would lose any cross platform options and your browsing experience will be limited to whatever the ie version that powers it can handle. 

Go with the above option and manually make in game UI elements that interact with your site. 

Edit: Cleaned up thread. 

4 hours ago, jcsnider said:

The (bad) alternative is the System.Windows.Forms browser control, but given that the game window isn't a winform I don't think it could be used. Maybe a pop-up window of some type would work? But then you're better off just using process start... And even if you went that route you would lose any cross platform options and your browsing experience will be limited to whatever the ie version that powers it can handle. 

Many Thanks... I will probably use a query string to push rest data to the server via c# start function to the browser... Effectively I want the player to make purchases for items with real cash without leaving the game nor clutter what I have set up...So I will push the user handle etc.. via the query string ...Awesome!