Concept [WIP] Twilight on the Horizon

Asatani

PYq5KNI.png

One hundred and one years ago the quiet, pastoral land of Keldraga was invaded by a wandering race of beings called the T’yrn. Technologically advanced and brutal, the T’yrn easily conquered the more spiritual Keldragan and relegated them to slavery and subjugation. Weakened by its failure to stop the invasion, the ancient and magical Keldragan religion is losing adherents to a new faith, one secretly created by the T’yrn to further undermine Keldragan solidarity.

While most T’yrn dismiss all things Keldragan as worthless, their mysterious rulers, the Veknon, believe that Keldragan magic may hold the secret of immortality they have long sought. The answer lies in the mystical Bell of Awakening, the most sacred artifact of the Keldragan, lost since the invasion. In order to possess the Bell and its power, the Veknon must first find the Svartur Stone, the key to the door of the fabled Keldragan Ziggurat.

Hey, guys. I'm new to these parts and decided to create a thread to dump progress and stuff into. Right now, I'm just working on design concepts and framework. The goals of this project are to expand my logistical understanding of an online game, gauge reactions to my creative aesthetic and direction, and to serve as a piece of my portfolio. The only thing that looks good enough to show right now is the title screen, which I may end up changing now that I know a little bit more about customizing it in Intersect. Even still, I think it fits the overall theme that I've envisioned. If it wasn't obvious by the plot above, this game is going to be high fantasy with a tinge of futuristic elements. I'm not a great artist and that is the one thing that has impeded my progress, so most of, if not all, of the assets will be borrowed or modified in some way, with some of my own added here and there. Just a heads up, in case you recognize something.

Title Screen:

Spoiler

76Eaiim.png

9 hours ago, Asatani said:

PYq5KNI.png

Hey, guys. I'm new to these parts and decided to create a thread to dump progress and stuff into. Right now, I'm just working on design concepts and framework. The goals of this project are to expand my logistical understanding of an online game, gauge reactions to my creative aesthetic and direction, and to serve as a piece of my portfolio. The only thing that looks good enough to show right now is the title screen, which I may end up changing now that I know a little bit more about customizing it in Intersect. Even still, I think it fits the overall theme that I've envisioned. If it wasn't obvious by the plot above, this game is going to be high fantasy with a tinge of futuristic elements. I'm not a great artist and that is the one thing that has impeded my progress, so most of, if not all, of the assets will be borrowed or modified in some way, with some of my own added here and there. Just a heads up, in case you recognize something.

Title Screen:

Reveal hidden contents

76Eaiim.png

The logo is simple and sleek, well done. I like the title screen as well, the buttons give me a .HACK vibe, keep it up!