Differentiated Textbox Text?

Asatani

Question

Is it possible for an event to trigger multiple differentiated sets of text in the textbox?

Let's say Player1 targets Player2 and does a text emote. i.e. /slap.

Player1 sees, "You slapped Player2."

Player2 sees, "Player1 slapped you!"

All other players see, "Player1 slapped player2."

Of course, each player would only see the text designated to them.

4 answers to this question

So, I'm guessing that means it's possible? As I am brand new to this engine (just starting playing with it this week), can you give me some sort of idea of how I would set up the event to display each text line? From what I can see, from digging around in it myself, there doesn't seem to be a way to designate text to only be seen by players other than trigger player or the target.

27 minutes ago, Asatani said:

So, I'm guessing that means it's possible? As I am brand new to this engine (just starting playing with it this week), can you give me some sort of idea of how I would set up the event to display each text line? From what I can see, from digging around in it myself, there doesn't seem to be a way to designate text to only be seen by players other than trigger player or the target.

So, the problem here is that I need three different conditions, all of which don't appear to be in the list of conditions. The player issuing the command needs a branch, the player targeted by the command (if they're even on the map), and all other players on the map. Out of the condition options in the editor, I'm not sure which ones will allow me to specifically target the local chat of two individual players and then all other players besides them. Ideally, I would like the target of the command to not have to be a parameter, but the actual targeted (clicked on) player on the map.