Password Reset Button throwing an error.

Lyim

Question

Hello all,

I keep getting this error whenever I attempt to do a password reset:

> 2019-12-22 21:06:52.666 [Error] Failed to send email (Subject: Intersect Game Engine - Password Reset Code) to <censored-for-privacy>@gmail.com. Reason: Uncaught Error
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at
   at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
   at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, MailAddress from, Boolean allowUnicode)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   at Intersect.Server.Notifications.Notification.Send() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\6c64f60308be6068\Intersect.Server\Classes\Notifications\Notification.cs:line 60

I have my config.json file configured as so:

"SmtpSettings": {
    "FromAddress": "noreplyerisonline@gmail.com",
    "FromName": "Eris Online",
    "Host": "smtp.gmail.com",
    "Port": 587,
    "UseSsl": true,
    "Username": "noreplyerisonline@gmail.com",
    "Password": "<password>"
  },

If you could help me reach a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you in advance!

PS: to the admins that warned me for "post hijacking" on the post below, my bad! Just thought it would be better that I post there instead of making multiple posts about the same problem!  Anyway its all good!

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Kamus said:

1) Add the password of that Gmail

2) :862_warning:VERY IMPORTANT: Enable Less secure apps

My password is already there, I just changed it to <password> for my privacy on the forums.
I will give your less secure apps method a try though, wish me luck and thank you for the reply.