Paperdoll Issue

Gallus

Question

Hello, so I am new to making paperdolls ( just read the quick screenshot tutorial on here ). I am having a small issue with it. I have provided a video below, as well as some images for reference. If anyone has a solution for this that I'm just overlooking, please let me know!

Still Frame of the Issue

If you look in the hair at the back of the head, you can see the overlapped portion of the paperdoll.

37c05af2ea94c7e40bc6986e060caafd.png

These are the constraints I have within photoshop (based on the sprite pixel size)

I would like the entire sword to show up in the paperdoll (it just looks professional), but due

to the size of the sword and the size of the sprite I cannot have the entire sword shown.

In lieu of just swapping the hand that the sword is in (which would be a simple solution)

I am curious if anyone knows of another way I could go about fixing this issue without having

to swap weapon hands just because the character is facing a certain way.

3f22b3fb4036b0f02778dfcd40a27c9f.png

5 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

You will have to either make the sword smaller, point a different direction or make the margins in your sprite and paperdoll sheets bigger

With making the margins bigger, is there a setting I have to change somewhere in the editor / server files to compensate so that there is no clipping in the end result?

P.S. - Thank you for the quick answer!

1 minute ago, Dashplant said:

No, you have to go through all your sprites and paperdolls and increase the margins.

The engine just divides the sheet in 4x4 so it should fit in there

Thank you very much! I was unaware that I was able to just resize like that. Will be very helpful to me with this knew knowledge! Thanks!

4 hours ago, Gallus said:

Hello, so I am new to making paperdolls ( just read the quick screenshot tutorial on here ). I am having a small issue with it. I have provided a video below, as well as some images for reference. If anyone has a solution for this that I'm just overlooking, please let me know!

Still Frame of the Issue

If you look in the hair at the back of the head, you can see the overlapped portion of the paperdoll.

37c05af2ea94c7e40bc6986e060caafd.png

These are the constraints I have within photoshop (based on the sprite pixel size)

I would like the entire sword to show up in the paperdoll (it just looks professional), but due

to the size of the sword and the size of the sprite I cannot have the entire sword shown.

In lieu of just swapping the hand that the sword is in (which would be a simple solution)

I am curious if anyone knows of another way I could go about fixing this issue without having

to swap weapon hands just because the character is facing a certain way.

3f22b3fb4036b0f02778dfcd40a27c9f.png

Also, just to add to what Dashplant is saying, in the bottom left than right 1 up 1, the sword is clearly going over the line.