Animations

sonow

Question

I kinda understand how they work but I keep running into a problem where my animations will animate parts of the next frame before getting there, making it look bad. How do I fix? If I need to move the actual png how far apart must they be?

4 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, sonow said:

Alright but what determines the dimensions used? Is there a way to set it to my larger picture so all the other pictures fit?

You have to adjust the size of the picture so that it divides into the correct number of frames. This is one of the few things that has some pretty good documentation.

https://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/docs/en/Game_Design/Content_Editors/Animations/UsageExamples.html

Your animation can be any dynamic size you choose, but each animation needs to be contained in the same size area. So if your animation is 32x32 then you need to contain each frame of the animation is a 32x32 box. If there splitting in correctly your not staying within the size frame you chose. So lets say you have a 4 frame animation, you select 4 frames in the animation editor and the engine divides your image by four and animates it this way.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, sonow said:

Alright but what determines the dimensions used? Is there a way to set it to my larger picture so all the other pictures fit?

The dimensions of the animations depend on the resolution of the picture