Network Library

Sfortune

Lidgren is the way to go from what I've heard. The engines I work on use System.Net.Sockets (which is the .Net upgrade to VB6 WinSocket).

Is this for a game? Or another kind of project? We could possibly recommend a few different options but we need to know what you are aiming for. There is no point in finding a rapid game driven networking library if you just need something to do simple get/post-like requests.

Lidgren is the way to go from what I've heard. The engines I work on use System.Net.Sockets (which is the .Net upgrade to VB6 WinSocket).

Is this for a game? Or another kind of project? We could possibly recommend a few different options but we need to know what you are aiming for. There is no point in finding a rapid game driven networking library if you just need something to do simple get/post-like requests.

Lidgren is nice and is what I currently work with. System.Net.Sockets is something I haven't put much time in. But I'm not looking to replace my current network library, just curious if there is anything other users prefer. Can't wait to check out your engine by the way.

Lidgren is something I haven't tried before, but I have wanted to for a while now. I believe it is an advanced System.Net.Sockets wrapper, so System.Net would only be more complicated but more flexible.

I understand I am not being much help to your original question, but is there a specific reason why you are wanting to move away from Lidgren. It is my understanding it is one of the best.

Lidgren is something I haven't tried before, but I have wanted to for a while now. I believe it is an advanced System.Net.Sockets wrapper, so System.Net would only be more complicated but more flexible.

I understand I am not being much help to your original question, but is there a specific reason why you are wanting to move away from Lidgren. It is my understanding it is one of the best.

I'm not wanting to move away from Lidgren. Actually I'm working on a program that uses it now. But I guess there is no real reason for my post other than conversation. You should definitely give Lidgren a looksee. I haven't found much documentation but then again I haven't really looked.