Themed Pokemon Sacred Gold

Beefy Kasplant

Hi all, 

Rather than doing my work, I prefer to play some Pokemon while at the office, so here goes. 

Sacred Gold is a ROM hack of Pokemon HeartGold. The main differences are updated moves, all Pokemon available and an increased difficulty curve. 

To make things interesting I've set myself some rules: 

Rules:

- Max level of my Poke's is the Gym I'm on, times 10. So gym 1 -> Max level is 10. Gym 2, max level is 20, etc. 

Note: Remember that this hack has increased difficulty and the second gym leader already has a team of 6 Poke's around level 20. 

- For every gym I need to make a themed team. -> Could be anything and I would love some input from you guys. Remember that I won't have access to every Pokemon.

- Battle style is set to 'Set' so I can't switch in counters to other Pokemon without wasting a turn. 

- No using of items in battle, held items are allowed. 

Further info: 

I've enabled a cheat that lets me rebattle trainers and I'll play the boring parts at double speed. This is just so I have to grind a little bit less and I'm playing this for fun, if I wanted to work I'd just do my job.

Gyms:

Gym 1: Faulkner the Flying type trainer. 

Team Theme: Round bois

@Mighty Professional had a great idea for a themed team, but I'm saving that for later. 

Team for Gym 1: The Round Bois

Let's get them trained up! 

The final battle before taking on the Gym. A good test for the team, and the abilities of the trainer..

After a hard fought battle and some bad mistakes on Dash's part, we won! No clue what the fuck a Chingling is, but I now know it's a Psychic type. 

The team is ready for Falkner's gym!