A few concepts I was curious about

Coza

Question

Hey there! 

So I've been keeping an eye on this engine for quite some time on and off for a while. I used to make games in Xtremeworlds back when that was a thing, so this looks like an incredibly well done  direct upgrade from that. 

I was wondering how viable it is to transfer some of the concepts I managed to build in previous projects and translate them into this engine. 

I imagine "Wait for the source" is going to be the most common response - but I figured It'd be worth asking to see if any of these having their own little work arounds currently, or maybe spring some creative ideas for people's projects.

(A ton of these concepts I borrowed from Final Fantasy 14's mechanics when I was using them back in XW.) 

• The ability to change class in-game / and store the class information for each player. ( Effectively allowing them to play all classes on one character. )
  • The ability to check to see if the player is in or out of combat.
  • Timed buffs. (10 second increase to Strength, for example.) 
  • Combo System (If you used Spell A -> Spell B -> Spell C in the correct order. Skill B and respectively then Skill C would receive damage increases.) 
  • Damage over time spells
  • Attack Spells/Skills that activate buffs
  • Adding another meter/resource for classes to use
  • Some sort of Threat/Focus/Emnity mechanics, where things such as a Tank-Class may be able to hold aggression from the enemies. 
  • Different stances for classes. (Damage Stance increases offensive stats. Defensive stance doing the opposite. Etc.) 
  • The ability to debuff NPCs. 

I had a fair few other things but I figured I'd ask about what I could think about off the top of my head. 

I'm far from expecting miracles, but I was just curious to see what people might have already tried. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, Coza said:

Hey there! 

So I've been keeping an eye on this engine for quite some time on and off for a while. I used to make games in Xtremeworlds back when that was a thing, so this looks like an incredibly well done  direct upgrade from that. 

I was wondering how viable it is to transfer some of the concepts I managed to build in previous projects and translate them into this engine. 

I imagine "Wait for the source" is going to be the most common response - but I figured It'd be worth asking to see if any of these having their own little work arounds currently, or maybe spring some creative ideas for people's projects.

(A ton of these concepts I borrowed from Final Fantasy 14's mechanics when I was using them back in XW.) 

• The ability to change class in-game / and store the class information for each player. ( Effectively allowing them to play all classes on one character. )
  • The ability to check to see if the player is in or out of combat.
  • Timed buffs. (10 second increase to Strength, for example.) 
  • Combo System (If you used Spell A -> Spell B -> Spell C in the correct order. Skill B and respectively then Skill C would receive damage increases.) 
  • Damage over time spells
  • Attack Spells/Skills that activate buffs
  • Adding another meter/resource for classes to use
  • Some sort of Threat/Focus/Emnity mechanics, where things such as a Tank-Class may be able to hold aggression from the enemies. 
  • Different stances for classes. (Damage Stance increases offensive stats. Defensive stance doing the opposite. Etc.) 
  • The ability to debuff NPCs. 

I had a fair few other things but I figured I'd ask about what I could think about off the top of my head. 

I'm far from expecting miracles, but I was just curious to see what people might have already tried. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi,

Xtremeworlds! That brings back memories! I started with Mirage, then Konfuzed and so on, been following for years n years these engines :D

To answer your questions (too my knowledge):

• Yes you can change classes with ease using the event system
  • There is no in or out of combat, this can be done when the source is released with a few edits to the engine
  • Buffs work with timers in spell system
  • No combo system and not sure how/if you can do this
  • Dots and Hots are available in spell system
  • Attack spells are present, but not sure what you mean about skills that activate buffs
  • Added another meter? The engine has resources which you can add in to your maps
  • Yes recently added a kinda threat system where you can set a NPC to target enemy that is dealing the most damage, nothing like taunt though
  • No stances
  • Yes can debuff NPCs if I remember rightly

All I can suggest is to download the Engine and test it out for yourself and you will be surprised at how awesome it is. The team has done an amazing job in making this engine, it is a million times better than anything else out there!

Have a look through the Dev Blogs and you can see the engines progression and what has been added :)