Getting Started Guide

Blazinator

Question

I've been using the 'Getting Started Guide' to become familiar with the engine and mess with it. Once I get to the Class/Usage Example part it merely shows 'placeholder'. And it shows this 'placeholder' text for every part thereafter. I've even looked through the forums to possibly find the missing pieces but it's a bunch of guides pertaining to things I've yet to understand. I've spent hours and hours messing with events/triggers and the sort trying to teach myself through 'trial-and-error' but it has become more daunting than I'd hope. If anyone has access to a guide or know how I can get the information on the website to show properly, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time, it's dearly cherished. I just want to get access to the beginner stuff so I can expand and test from there on. This software looks amazing and I'd really like to become a part of this community.

5 answers to this question

I can't think of a specific question to ask without fearing of being a burden or seeming lazy? xD Sorry I can be awkward at times. I recently just made an event on my first map to spawn an npc, activate some dialogue, then ask the player if they'd like to receive an axe or sword. That's where I am at. I am curious though, is an NPC asset what I use to have a 'Mob' for the player to combat with?

The depth of the event creation is making me burst at the seams with excitement as to what can be created, not even counting custom coding! I am sure the way I use variables and switches at the moment are not-optimized in anyway. But I do seem to gain understanding as I twiddle with the engine. I had to make a custom/normal event that 'autorunned' and made a variable set to 0. If the variable was 0 it'd activate the NPC being spawned/giving the item when the player touched the 'E' block I placed with the event of the NPC.

Β 

*Just found the .pdf for the Event Tutorial* I'll go through the entire file and then see what questions I might have. <3