Remote Server Hosting

yodablaze

Question

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, yodablaze said:

I simply needed to know if it can run on a website based remote server like Linux as described. I see this is not developed in .json or any other format that would allow it to do so. If it can only run .exe then it is limited.

You can indeed run Intersect on a Linux-based private server. You will have to do the editing, however on a Windows machine since the Intersect Editor does not work on any system except Windows. I did this for a year with my game and it worked, fine. I just uploaded new versions from my Windows desktop to the Linux server, as necessary.

Basically, here are the steps:

• Create your game.
  • Upload your game server to your Linux server:
    • Usually, this means you will put the game in a ZIP file
    • Upload the ZIP file to somewhere on the web.
    • Use WGET to retrieve the file
    • Use the Unzip command to extract the files to your Linux main directory
  • Make sure Wine is installed on your Linux machine
  • Using Wine, open intersect client.exe
  • Your server is online

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure I follow your question.

Hosting the game would work the same regardless of which server you put it on. Be it local or remote?

It will never work on a webserver through shared hosting though. Those can't run executables like this server would require.

Yeah, your question isn't asking much. Do you mean how do you transfer it? Set it up?

There's many ways to transfer data, the way I usually do it is via dropbox.

If you're trying to set up a server then just set it up as you would on your own PC/Local Drive. It should work fine as long as all your ports are opened. Nonetheless without a clear question no one can help.

I simply needed to know if it can run on a website based remote server like Linux as described. I see this is not developed in .json or any other format that would allow it to do so. If it can only run .exe then it is limited.