Resource chance %

PinkAngel

Question

Could someone give me an example please on how to set up the chance % on resources when you have several items that can be given but you do not want them to all be given at same time but randomly given. so should I put percentages at 50% on everything if i want atleast one thing to be given but everything to have an equal chance of being given? I just need an example if anyone can answer this.

2 answers to this question

I believe (if I understand your question correctly) that this is not doable until we have a source release. If I am to understand your question, it seems you want to have, say 5 items assigned to 1 resource and have only one drop at any one harvest instance. A fairly simple addition once the source is released, but I don’t think it’s possible at the moment.

If you don’t need a 100% chance for something to drop, you could divide by the number of items assigned to the resource and give each an equal split of that number. So say you had 5 items assigned to the resource. You could give each a 20% chance to drop upon harvesting. It’s a far from perfect system as, in the end, it’s just a random number and you can have every item drop with a lucky number with this system. Still, for now I think it’s your best option. Let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

3 hours ago, SkywardRiver said:

I believe (if I understand your question correctly) that this is not doable until we have a source release. If I am to understand your question, it seems you want to have, say 5 items assigned to 1 resource and have only one drop at any one harvest instance. A fairly simple addition once the source is released, but I don’t think it’s possible at the moment.

If you don’t need a 100% chance for something to drop, you could divide by the number of items assigned to the resource and give each an equal split of that number. So say you had 5 items assigned to the resource. You could give each a 20% chance to drop upon harvesting. It’s a far from perfect system as, in the end, it’s just a random number and you can have every item drop with a lucky number with this system. Still, for now I think it’s your best option. Let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

that is exactly what i was getting at so I will try the 20% on 5 items and see how that will work out