Proper backing up of games

ningimbly

Question

This is a bit of a bummer. But i just lost my ascesion game i was only 15 hours and such fun learning. Im not certain if it was the new tilesets or the recent changes but i got. Exceptions and the editor became blank. Regardless . im this for the long haul. So how can i back up my game properly? To prevent this in the future. Btw it was exception value cannot be 0?

3 answers to this question

Awesome. So the best way to keep backups is just to occasionally backup your "Client and Editor" and "Server" folders, store them somewhere labeled with the date they were backed up. There are tools you can install to do backups for you but nothing built in at the moment.

Have fun!

Forgive my forum newbishness q and sounds very appropiate. Thanks for the quick response sadly i deleted it all aready but i had many design flaws in editor on my part duplicate and useless things all over that i put there so a redo is for the best. All i can figure. Is so to add to the world more slowly.  And keep a complete duplicate. Back up copy. 

Ok nvm somehow in the process of moving some items tilesets around moving everything to recycle bin and restoring it. Its working lol. I will zip and just so we can get to the bottom of this asap