levellable Skills

ProphCore

Question

Hey guys,

I cant seem to find any features for levellable skills or indeed spells.

Firstly is there plans for a skill list/editor, like say gathering, crafting, combat skills etc so if i am lvl 100 fishing i could catch better fish etc?

If there isn't I have 2 options, be patient and wait for the source or make them using events/switches and variables.

For the latter option does anyone have any idea what a solid process to achieve this would be?

This could also be employed to 'level up' magic, perhaps each kill adds numbers to variable and acts as exp, when required exp is met in the variable perhaps you gain a more powerful variant of said spell.

I'm just not too sure exactly how i'd set these kinda things up. Thanks in advance :)

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, ProphCore said:

Hey guys,

I cant seem to find any features for levellable skills or indeed spells.

Firstly is there plans for a skill list/editor, like say gathering, crafting, combat skills etc so if i am lvl 100 fishing i could catch better fish etc?

If there isn't I have 2 options, be patient and wait for the source or make them using events/switches and variables.

For the latter option does anyone have any idea what a solid process to achieve this would be?

This could also be employed to 'level up' magic, perhaps each kill adds numbers to variable and acts as exp, when required exp is met in the variable perhaps you gain a more powerful variant of said spell.

I'm just not too sure exactly how i'd set these kinda things up. Thanks in advance :)

make a variable "fishing" and a quest to advance the "level", example: collect 100 fish and brig it to npc, then change the variable to 2 as reward, now you can catch lvl 2 fishes, dont forget to set the resources requeriment to their respective leves, ex: level  2 fish needs variable fishing 2 or more to be collected

You can create a common event trigger by a command for example /job

And in the command put "Show ChatBox Text" , and write  "You are a fisher level \pv <numberofyourvariablefisher>"  (If you have multiple job, do conditional branch to know the player job and show the good variable with the right text"

And if your variable is equal to 2 you have ==> "You are a fisher level 2" 

You can explore more possibilities with ChatBox Text with this link 

With this you can create some cool commands for players !

And yes, variables upgrade by event/quest are the only way to create a system of levelling for job and skills actually, but you can do a good farming system with this ! :) 

3 hours ago, ProphCore said:

Thanks thats actually quite simple, and all sorts of skills could be made the same way i suppose? Like kill 100 slimes to level monster hunting etc?

Yes, just make a variable for each skill, and about they see their levels you can mark the quests to show in the quest log after being complete, the player will see "fishing level 5 completed" and will know he is at level 5, if theres a command to see this idk.