Graveyard / Respawn

Azurn

Question

Okie dokie, so I've been playing with the 4.1 system for awhile since I'm curious on how I would go about making a Graveyard or Respawn system in a similar way that World of Warcraft, or almost any other MMO for that matter.

I've played with some events and added upon death factors, but I can't seem to get the graveyard to work in the correct way, with the player then being respawned at the global class spawn location.

Does anyone have or know of a system or way to implement something along these lines?

3 answers to this question

Create a empty map called login and make all classes spawn in this map, create a switch called "first login" and make a autorun event in this map, then if the "first login" is false then teleport player to (where u want players start), if true then teleport player to graveyard, after this go to map where u want players start and make a autorun event (if first login is false then set first login to true)
so when players login at first time they go to start map, when they die they go to graveyard

5 minutes ago, Meguminyan said:

Create a empty map called login and make all classes spawn in this map, create a switch called "first login" and make a autorun event in this map, then if the "first login" is false then teleport player to (where u want players start), if true then teleport player to graveyard, after this go to map where u want players start and make a autorun event (if first login is false then set first login to true)
so when players login at first time they go to start map, when they die they go to graveyard

That is a good rundown of one way to do this; however, I was thinking something like if there are two graveyards in world X, and the player dies closer to Graveyard1 instead of Graveyard2, it will respawn the player at Graveyard1, rather than the Graveyard2 or the global class spawn, if that makes sense?

Make a variable called "Graveyard" and add a condition to where warp in the "login map event", if the variable is 1 teleport player to graveyard 1, if is 2 teleport player  to graveyard 2
add another autorun event where/when player enter the map closest to graveyard 1 set the variable to 1 and another event where/when the player enter the map closest to graveyard 2 set the variable to 2