combat and item questions

DaScribe

Question

Hi All,

Couple of questions

How do you attack?

I’ve tried spacebar, click, ctrl, nothing works

How do you shoot?

I managed to shoot something by clicking, but it was shooting like 10 parallel objects and doing no dmg

How do you spell attack?

How do you pick up items?

Was trying click, spacebar, ctrl—ctrl seemed to work but taking a very long time to pick up if that’s the correct way.

This is from the error log, not sure if it indicates what I’m doing wrong.

Message :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.<br/>

StackTrace :   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Networking.PacketSender.SendEntityDash(Int32 index, Int32 endMap, Int32 endX, Int32 endY, Int32 dashTime, Int32 direction) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Networking\PacketSender.cs:line 1300

at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.DashInstance..ctor(Entity en, Int32 range, Int32 direction, Boolean blockPass, Boolean activeResourcePass, Boolean deadResourcePass, Boolean zdimensionPass) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Entity.cs:line 1391

at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Entity.TryAttack(Entity enemy, ProjectileBase projectile, SpellBase parentSpell, ItemBase parentItem, Int32 projectileDir) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Entity.cs:line 551

at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Projectile.CheckForCollision() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Projectile.cs:line 409

at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Projectile.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Projectile.cs:line 229

at Intersect_Server.Classes.Maps.MapInstance.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Maps\MapInstance.cs:line 657

at Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.ServerLoop.RunServerLoop() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\ServerLoop.cs:line 41

at Intersect_Server.Classes.MainClass.<>c.<Main>b__1_0() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Main.cs:line 82

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Date :2/5/2017 3:48:24 PM

thx

6 answers to this question

Click the screen to attack, make sure you aren't clicking the enemy because this will just target/untarget them. Same for picking items up, stand on top of them and click the screen, sometimes it takes a click or two.

Shooting is the same as attacking, the 20 arrows thing just means you messed up on the projectile editor, could you post a screenshot of the projectile in the editor?

For spells simply drag them from your learned spell menu on the bottom right of the screen onto a hotbar slot at the top right. Once you press the button on the hotbar the spell will fire, to test this try making a spell that heals the caster (set the target to self)

k,

So I tried making a spell and I seem to be running in to the same problem with both the projectile and the projectile spell.

If you shoot too many times it gives the following message:

Message :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.<br/>
StackTrace :   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Networking.PacketSender.SendEntityDash(Int32 index, Int32 endMap, Int32 endX, Int32 endY, Int32 dashTime, Int32 direction) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Networking\PacketSender.cs:line 1300
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.DashInstance..ctor(Entity en, Int32 range, Int32 direction, Boolean blockPass, Boolean activeResourcePass, Boolean deadResourcePass, Boolean zdimensionPass) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Entity.cs:line 1391
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Entity.TryAttack(Entity enemy, ProjectileBase projectile, SpellBase parentSpell, ItemBase parentItem, Int32 projectileDir) in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Entity.cs:line 551
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Projectile.CheckForCollision() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Projectile.cs:line 409
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Entities.Projectile.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Entities\Projectile.cs:line 229
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Maps.MapInstance.Update() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Maps\MapInstance.cs:line 657
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.Core.ServerLoop.RunServerLoop() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\ServerLoop.cs:line 41
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.MainClass.<>c.<Main>b__1_0() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Server\Classes\Core\Main.cs:line 82
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Date :2/5/2017 10:44:25 PM

Not sure what is causing the problem but hopefully you guys are familiar with it. ;)

Also, I've noticed that you can't pick up items while you have a projectile weapon equipped because it goes into shoot mode

Ok,

So I watched the videos.  (absolutely brutal if you don’t speak French)  Very funny Ambard. :P

I did manage to pick up how to handle the animations, which was helpful.

However, even after fixing the animation:

Still can’t pick up objects while carrying a projectile weapon

Server still crashes after I use the attack multiple times.

BTW, I do press the buttons quickly when attacking, but it has to be able to handle that.  Nevertheless I am persuaded that the rapid clicking and button pressing could be the source of evil.

Any Suggestions?

My suggestion is to just start mapping out your world and adding in the known good elements until the next updated version comes out. I have some core engine problems too so mapping and getting in all my assets is my plan.