How do I specify a target for an event type spell?

Vallar

Question

Hello guys, 

I am trying to create a spell using the "Event" type rather the built in ones. However, it seems the events don't have any actions that allows to me reference what the player is targeting and asses whether it is a viable target or not. 

In a nutshell what I am trying to do is create a tame spell. You select an NPC in the game and based on which NPC you are selecting you are able to charm that NPC or not. For example, you can charm a rabbit, but you can't charm the town's elder or another player. 

Any ideas how can I go about doing this?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Vallar said:

Hello guys, 

I am trying to create a spell using the "Event" type rather the built in ones. However, it seems the events don't have any actions that allows to me reference what the player is targeting and asses whether it is a viable target or not. 

In a nutshell what I am trying to do is create a tame spell. You select an NPC in the game and based on which NPC you are selecting you are able to charm that NPC or not. For example, you can charm a rabbit, but you can't charm the town's elder or another player. 

Any ideas how can I go about doing this?

You can't do this with the event system. Event spells only trigger common events for yourself and what you're trying to do is impossible with only the event system.

When the source code comes out you could make a follower system or pay someone to do it for you

2 minutes ago, lurv said:

You can't do this with the event system. Event spells only trigger common events for yourself and what you're trying to do is impossible with only the event system.

When the source code comes out you could make a follower system or pay someone to do it for you

Got it, thanks a lot!