Need Help Flash_Bak | Accepting Volunteers

biosboy4

Hello,

I am a Sys Admin for a data center, and I have been part of an effort to create a game with Intersect. As of right now we are a 2 1/2 man team and have been busy writing content, mapping, learning and eventing in the engine.

Name of the Game: Flash_Bak

Engine: Intersect

Current Team Members: Quityelling (from the forums here) and myself are the core of the team. However, we have been outsourcing most of the writing to friends and family and we plan to outsource much of the testing to all of our nerdy/hipster friends.

Our Collective Experience:

• : Bash, Python, and some C# (Don't let this fool you, we're not experienced programmers, we have only dabbled up to this point in our lives. Except Bash, where I'm fairly proficient.) Edit: Quityelling actually corrected me on this yesterday; he has years of C# experience. He will be working with the source when it releases. As for me, I always have bash in my back pocket for things like anti-cheats, automated processes, smtp alerts for things like connectivity issues, etc.

• : Blender, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.. (We are currently working with default art, and much of this game will probably be based from it unless we come across a dedicated artist. We will however be creating some original art for spells/skills/paperdolls; mainly the things that we need more of.)

• : Mapping and Eventing experience thanks to rpg maker. (currently about 4% of the world is mapped and there are some npc's/quests.)

• : Class Balancing thanks to tabletops and years of *orpgs (Most Classes have been created, a closed pvp testing is around the corner, just waiting on skills which is already underway.)

• : Networking/Server skills (The live server will be co-located and fully fault tolerant; staging server is currently hosted at 1 location but it does have failover internet connections and runs on a ups and generator.) VMware, Xen, KVM, Cisco, linux, *nix, *bsd, M$, sql, VEEAM, HA & FT, automation, backups & verification, etc.. Plenty of experience in this area.

• : Unity (Quityelling has plans to port the game to other platforms using Unity, but we are focusing on the windows client first.)

• : Web-sites (mainly CMS solutions like WP and Joomla.)

• : Music writing, playing, recording, producing, mastering, etc.. (We are currently working with 1,000's of royalty free rpg tracks and sound effects we found, but some original music is definitely to be expected.)
  • Lots of Pathfinder

+ some things I'm sure I forgot. Over 30 years of experience between Quityelling and myself, so we get around good. ;)

Here is what we are doing moving forward with the game:

Currently we are still mapping the world, placing npcs, writing lore to go into the world, eventing, and creating missing art.

We are also currently trying to figure out how to make all of the towns, castles, and other ownable pieces of real-estate raid-able by small groups of people (and npc's) for rewards. Starting areas being the only exceptions.

That being said, this is a pvpve game where you may get whiped by players and/or non-players in the middle of your boss fight. Yep, it's really that brutal.

Most of the dynamics are being designed to be player-initiated and controlled; meaning no factions or other constraints on the playerbase; you may PK anyone, just hope it isn't your guild's allie's girlfriend. Don't want a war with them right now.

We are recruiting anyone who is willing to dedicate some spare time for no cost. We are not after particular skill-sets for that reason; beggars can't be choosers. No matter what you want to do, I'm sure there is a place for you here, it just doesn't pay. (yet.) So come as you are, there might just be a special place in heaven for volunteers.

Here are some screenshots:

screen_1

Screen_2

Screen_3

If anyone is interested in helping out, you can reply here and/or inbox me or Quityelling. What we will do is set up a conference call so that we can quickly find you a seat. Also, at that time we will give you the IP and ports of our live staging server, which btw, is backed up hourly via an rsync script, and all the different versions are stored indefinitely onto 2 separate mediums and soon will also be saved to the cloud. One thing about this project is that we will never lose data, and the server won't go down, not even for networking issues.

Best Regards guys,

biosboy4

Note* We currently have no real plans for revenue, and so as of now there is none. However, once the project has reached a certain level of maturity we may open up donations.