Help-me with my first source edit :D

staz

Question

i want to make every equipment dropped roll some stats randomly to make itens unique, ex: same sword can have +5 atk or +5 def or +50 hp or all stats listed or nothing etc, i never changed nothing in the sorce by myself, i just added one patch(skill chain), the help i need is to start with baby steps trying to reach my firt goal with  hardcore coding, i need some sugestions from people that know the code and where i need to start to make this thing ex: go to directory x archive y and see the drop itens from npc code acess item.z field  and increment a random number with some chance... i dont know where to start to find this then if someone can help-me i would be happy... i'm brazilian but i can understand english too, ty all!   

2 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure there's already a basic version of this in the engine right now. At the bottom of the stat selection on the item editor you can set a range which all stats can be rolled between.

If that doesn't do what you want it'll at least point you in the right direction.

its exactly what i was trying to do! ty 

8 hours ago, Cheshire said:

I'm pretty sure there's already a basic version of this in the engine right now. At the bottom of the stat selection on the item editor you can set a range which all stats can be rolled between.

If that doesn't do what you want it'll at least point you in the right direction.