doubts about skills

bruno0101

Question

6 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, Blinkuz said:

You can try to manipulate the cast animation and make it have no sprite by default so that the character is not visible.

but where exactly do i do this? because in the animation options there is no way to change.

19 hours ago, Beast Boyz said:

Make an event type skill and create a common event that hide the player during you animation would be more efficient, because if you use paperdoll changing the skin won't make them disappear

Could you be more specific? thank you very much. Have a nice day.

I'm sorry i didn't see "during casting" actually i don't think there is a way to make you fully insivible during a cast without using source.

However, there's a turnaround, you can make the spell instant and use the hide player & Hold player in a common event, in this example once the spell is casted (instant) the player will be invisible for 1500 (as set in the common event) and not able to move during this time, so if you have a casting animation it will fit correctly

5a928b0429e656dff91eb40dca2e53a2.png

BUT ! 

This is not flawless, the player will be able to use spell once this one is casted, there is no command actually to prevent people to do skill/attack during a hold/hide and this will probably cause problems anyways.

So no perfect solution... for now i recommend you either using source edit or ask/make a feature for the base engine.